Monday, October 27, 2008

En Route to Thailand





It's almost time to leave Thailand (I can't believe we've been here almost a month!) but here are some pictures of our trip over. The long journey began with my Mom announcing, "Oh. I better take my blood pressure medicine!" I cracked up because my Mom is the most calm, kind woman I know and she was worried about the trip! But Amelia was an absolutely EXCELLENT traveler, almost completely non-flustered by the bombardment of dozens of new sights, sounds and smells, not to mention the lack of sleep.

We flew from Orlando to Dulles (near Washington D.C.) to Tokyo to Bangkok, where we spent the night. Total travel time: 30 hours. Total time Amelia slept, (for only 30 minutes at a time and only in my arms): seven hours. We played a lot on the plane, she ate a little, and charmed anyone who looked at her. She also thought it was really cool to bang on the tray and luckily no one was sitting in the seat in front of her. In Tokyo, she LOVED the airport's play room for little ones. It's completely padded and baby-proof so she could crawl, stand, fall down and burn off energy without hurting herself. She met a couple new friends before we had to rush off for our next flight.

Once we arrived in Thailand, Amelia adjusted to the time change better than her Mama! She only had two rough nights and she has slept through the night ever since. She's probably tired from all the crawling she does on my parent's big, beautiful porch. More on that to come in the next post.

1 comment:

La Familia Crespo said...

Wow! I'm so happy that she's doing so well on her travels. These babies are just so amazing!